When you are motivated, you take action without being reminded or prompted. It is the force that guides our behaviors. Achieving goals in life requires motivation to persist through obstacles and endurance to keep going in spite of challenges.
Increase your personal drive with these powerful ‘Character Building’ methods.
Directions: Take 10-15 minutes in your day to reflect on the following 4 questions, and select at least one new way to become motivated from the list and incorporate it today.
Questions to Ask Yourself
- What kinds of things motivate me?
- Do I consider motivation a positive character trait?
- In what areas of my life do I have no motivation at all?
- What have I learned/gained from the process rather than just the outcome?
Ways to Become Motivated
- "One step leads to another." When all else fails just take one step at a time.
- Rather than just focusing on the outcome, on whether you will succeed or fail, try to focus on the journey of reaching your goals. The journey itself is just as important as the outcome.
- Encourage yourself with positive peer pressure. If you’re in a group of people who have really high goals for themselves you’ll take on that same sense of seriousness.
- We procrastinate the most when we are in a bad mood. Research shows happiness increases productivity and makes you more successful. Find your 'happy' by focusing on your progress in meaningful work.
- Take one new action today. Click here to book a free 30-minute consultation with an experienced coach. The right support can help you to create attainable goals for success and inspire you when you feel unmotivated.