TAKE THE VALUE PERSONALITY QUIZ
Defining your values deepens your appreciation for what's important to you and adds to a feeling of purpose and meaning in life. It helps you to be more compassionate in communication with others who may have different values than you do. This understanding creates a feeling of inner peace and acceptance.
What are personal values? Values are guiding principles that dictate behavior and your response to situations. They are the essence of 'who' you are and 'why' we make choices. Your personal values are the key to your strengths, motivations and priorities.
For example, if you value honesty, you believe it is important to be honest and truthful wherever possible. If you withheld information or told a lie, you probably would feel disappointed in yourself.
Values matter because when you're living by your values, you feel confident in yourself and are more focused on doing what is most important to you.
Each person is different, and what makes you feel excited and motivated may make someone else anxious or uninterested.
To help you define what's important to you, here's a list of 88 personal values:
It's common for our lives to drift from our values for any number of reasons. We are constantly surrounded by influences from others' values at work, with friends, through media, politics, society and family. To experience a dramatic difference in your life, start living more consciously in-line with your core values.
Here’s how to get your life and values in alignment:
- What are your Top 10 values from the cores values list? Write them down on a piece of paper.
- Once you’ve picked your top favorites, it's important to prioritize your values. Prioritizing helps you to focus time on the most important things that will be the most rewarding in your life. Number your top 10 in order of importance to you.
- For each of your chosen 10 core values, make a quick list of what you could do to put those values into practice. For example, if you wrote “winning” you could write “sign up for a competition or race”. You should end up with a long list of possible actions for each value.
- Next step, turn your ‘actions’ into goals for the next week, month, and year.
- Follow through on your dreams! Notice the natural drive you have to do what you value most in life.
We hope you have more clarity about what your personal values are, why they're important, and how your life can be more fulfilling by living in alignment with them.
Discover your Value Personality Type with this 1 MINUTE PERSONAL VALUES QUIZ
Learn more about Values Team building workshops
SHARE this Blog